Prominent sports agent and attorney Leigh Steinberg has joined forces with Southern California-based marketing company Jockeys Management Group in trying to acquire advertising and sponsorship deals for jockeys.
Southern California-based Jockeys Management Group was off and running Belmont Stakes day as three of the agency's stable of jockeys -- Jerry Bailey, Jose Santos, and Gary Stevens--wore advertising on their uniforms for the entire program.
A former NFL player turned sports marketing agent is hoping to make jockey advertising in California lucrative through collective bargaining.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Kentucky Oaks Attracts 154 Nominees