Prominent sports agent and attorney Leigh Steinberg has joined forces with Southern California-based marketing company Jockeys Management Group in trying to acquire advertising and sponsorship deals for jockeys.
Southern California-based Jockeys Management Group was off and running Belmont Stakes day as three of the agency's stable of jockeys -- Jerry Bailey, Jose Santos, and Gary Stevens--wore advertising on their uniforms for the entire program.
A former NFL player turned sports marketing agent is hoping to make jockey advertising in California lucrative through collective bargaining.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses