Prominent sports agent and attorney Leigh Steinberg has joined forces with Southern California-based marketing company Jockeys Management Group in trying to acquire advertising and sponsorship deals for jockeys.
Southern California-based Jockeys Management Group was off and running Belmont Stakes day as three of the agency's stable of jockeys -- Jerry Bailey, Jose Santos, and Gary Stevens--wore advertising on their uniforms for the entire program.
A former NFL player turned sports marketing agent is hoping to make jockey advertising in California lucrative through collective bargaining.
Most Popular Stories
- Meet the Rare White Foal at Rockridge Stud
- Flashy American, Funfair Light Up Bid Board
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- WinStar Derby Challenge Begins Feb. 12
- Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed Sale Posts Declines
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Making the Grade: Mohaymen
- Fasig-Tipton Ky Winter Mixed Sale Day 2 Wrap
- Industry Makes Its Case Against Decoupling
- HRRN to Cover Penn Gaming Racing Challenge