Prominent sports agent and attorney Leigh Steinberg has joined forces with Southern California-based marketing company Jockeys Management Group in trying to acquire advertising and sponsorship deals for jockeys.
Southern California-based Jockeys Management Group was off and running Belmont Stakes day as three of the agency's stable of jockeys -- Jerry Bailey, Jose Santos, and Gary Stevens--wore advertising on their uniforms for the entire program.
A former NFL player turned sports marketing agent is hoping to make jockey advertising in California lucrative through collective bargaining.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell