Will stand at Jeju Stud Farm in 2017
The Korea Racing Authority and Keeneland Association July 6 announced the inaugural Keeneland Korea Cup, which will offer a purse of 1 billion Korean won (approximately $855,000) at Seoul Racecourse.
The Asian Racing Conference continued Wednesday in Mumbai with a discussion of the updated methods used in various jurisdictions to market horse racing.
Commendable, winner of the 2000 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) for owners Bob and Beverly Lewis, has died from complications of colic in South Korea, where he stood at stud.
Rock Hard Ten, a multiple grade I winner who has stood at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., since 2006, has been sold to stand at stud by the Korea Racing Authority.
Multiple grade I winner Peace Rules, has been purchased by the Korea Racing Authority, pending contractual details. Peace Rules will stand at the KRA'S Jeju Stud Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment