Will stand at Jeju Stud Farm in 2017
The Korea Racing Authority and Keeneland Association July 6 announced the inaugural Keeneland Korea Cup, which will offer a purse of 1 billion Korean won (approximately $855,000) at Seoul Racecourse.
The Asian Racing Conference continued Wednesday in Mumbai with a discussion of the updated methods used in various jurisdictions to market horse racing.
Commendable, winner of the 2000 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) for owners Bob and Beverly Lewis, has died from complications of colic in South Korea, where he stood at stud.
Rock Hard Ten, a multiple grade I winner who has stood at William S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky., since 2006, has been sold to stand at stud by the Korea Racing Authority.
Multiple grade I winner Peace Rules, has been purchased by the Korea Racing Authority, pending contractual details. Peace Rules will stand at the KRA'S Jeju Stud Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night