Six-year-old Texas-bred Rare Cure collected his fifth career stakes win with a determined neck victory over odds-on favorite Pie N Burger in Saturday's $75,000 Bob Johnson Memorial Stakes at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
"Derby" specialist Excessivepleasure leads a field of six for the $150,000 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) over 1 1/8 miles at Remington Park Sunday.
Favored Ten Most Wanted, ridden by Pat Day, turned in another outstanding performance Saturday, disposing of a game Soto to post a half-length victory in the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) at Louisiana Downs.
Headed by Travers Stakes (gr. I) winner Ten Most Wanted, the connections of 12 horses have made sustaining payments for the grade II, $500,000 Super Derby XXIV at Louisiana Downs on Sept. 20.
Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes winner Funny Cide drew the number five post position and was installed as the 8-5 morning-line favorite when seven horses were entered for Sunday's $1-million Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
A field of seven 3-year-olds is expected for Sunday's $1 million Haskell Invitational (gr. I) at Monmouth Park, topped by Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner Funny Cide.
Managing partner Jack Knowlton of Sackatoga Stable said Funny Cide will accept the 123 pounds assigned Friday for the $1 million Haskell Invitational (gr. I) on Aug. 3 at Monmouth Park.
Odds-on favorite Kool Humor took command early and held on to defeat Shawklit Man by 1 ¼ lengths in Saturday's $100,000 Alysheba Breeders' Cup Stakes at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Crowned King, ridden by Chandra R. Rennie, overcame all sorts of trouble to take Monday's $200,000 USA Stakes for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 mile on the turf at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015