The Japan Racing Association held its first races March 19 since the nation was hit by a devastating earthquake and tsunami.
Four group races are affected by the cancellation. Racing will be held at Hanshin and Kokura racecourses.
Live racing in Japan was canceled this weekend after symptoms of equine influenza were found in 29 horses, the Japanese Racing Association announced Aug. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap