The Japan Racing Association held its first races March 19 since the nation was hit by a devastating earthquake and tsunami.
Four group races are affected by the cancellation. Racing will be held at Hanshin and Kokura racecourses.
Live racing in Japan was canceled this weekend after symptoms of equine influenza were found in 29 horses, the Japanese Racing Association announced Aug. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby