The Japan Racing Association held its first races March 19 since the nation was hit by a devastating earthquake and tsunami.
Four group races are affected by the cancellation. Racing will be held at Hanshin and Kokura racecourses.
Live racing in Japan was canceled this weekend after symptoms of equine influenza were found in 29 horses, the Japanese Racing Association announced Aug. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- HK Jockey Club, Longines Extend Partnership
- Sportech New Tote Provider for Ellis Park