The Japan Racing Association held its first races March 19 since the nation was hit by a devastating earthquake and tsunami.
Four group races are affected by the cancellation. Racing will be held at Hanshin and Kokura racecourses.
Live racing in Japan was canceled this weekend after symptoms of equine influenza were found in 29 horses, the Japanese Racing Association announced Aug. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse