Admire Moon, winner of three grade I races in his final season, was presented Jan. 28 with the Japan Racing Association's top honor of Horse of the Year, as well as older male.
With expected favorite Wait a While out of Friday night's $1 million CashCall Mile Invitational (gr. IIT) due to a slight fever, a field of nine fillies and mares is left, including grade I winners Dancing Edie and Price Tag.
With a powerful late charge along the rail, Koiuta upset the favorites Sunday to win the US$1.675 million Victoria Mile (Jpn-I) for older fillies and mares over 1,600 meters at Tokyo Racecourse Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus