Gigawatt broke on top from his outside post and never looked back, running off to capture the $60,000 Louisiana Handicap in front-running fashion Friday at Fair Grounds.
Colonial Colony will be seeking his first win since his 62-1 shocker in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs in June when he lines up in the $60,000 Louisiana Handicap Friday at Fair Grounds.
Freefourinternet, looking to bounce back after a disappointing performance in the $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), has been tabbed as the 5-2 favorite in Saturday's $100,000 Michael G. Schaefer Mile at Hoosier Park.
Veteran campaigner Crafty Shaw reached the front on the final turn and refused to yield to pressure from Apt to Be to record his 15th career win in Saturday's $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Apt to Be, who races in the colors of Arlington Park chairman Richard L. Duchossois, has accepted co-starting highweight of 119 pounds, along with Crafty Shaw, in defense of his title in the grade III Hanshin Cup Saturday at Arlington.
Friday's Alysheba Stakes is open to 3-year-olds, but a sizable group of older horses will go to the gate for the 8 1/2-furlong event including Kodema, Spanish Empire, Perfect Drift, and Sarava.
Red-hot trainer Richard Mandella sent his second-stringer to Fair Grounds for Sunday's $100,000 Whirlaway Handicap (gr. III) and favored Olmodavor responded with a well-timed victory for jockey Corey Lanerie.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Coolmore Lexington: A Prep in Its Prime
- Bejarano Picks Up Derby Mount on Wildcat Red
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease
- Divine Oath Heads Coolmore Lexington
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories