Linchpin, a full brother to 2014 leading freshman sire Quality Road, will launch his stud career in 2015 at Elwin and Patti Gibson's Gibson Thoroughbred Farm in Thorp, Washington.
Trainer Todd Pletcher will train the grade I winner up to the Breeders' Cup Classic Nov. 6 at Churchill Downs.
Quality Road got back on track in the $750,000 Woodward Stakes (gr. I), easily defeating an overmatched field under John Velazquez to earn his fourth grade I win Sept. 4 at Saratoga.
Quality Road broke his own nine-furlong track record that he set last year at Gulfstream Park, turning in a dazzling performance when crushing the field the field Feb. 6 in the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I).
In his first race since his famous starting gate tantrum prior to the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), Quality Road was much the best in the $100,000 Hal's Hope Stakes (gr. III), winning by 2 3/4 lengths at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely