Klaus Jacobs' English-based Newsells Park Stud, which has assembled an 85-strong broodmare band in just three years, has unveiled its draft of yearlings to be offered this year at the major northern hemisphere auctions, including four at Saratoga and eight at Keeneland September.
Klaus Jacobs' Newsells Park Stud, one of the leading purchasers at breeding stock sales in recent years, took home the top lot at the Tattersalls December Sales when buying the twice classic- placed filly Midnight Angel (Acatenango) for 500,000 guineas from Union Stud in Germany.
The market didn't collapse during the first session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. But it was clear from the early results the auction would not keep pace with last year's edition, which established a November record for average price and piled up gross revenues of more than $300 million for the second time in its history.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Kaigun Storms From Last to Seabiscuit Win
- The Turf Debut of California Chrome
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go