Klaus Jacobs' English-based Newsells Park Stud, which has assembled an 85-strong broodmare band in just three years, has unveiled its draft of yearlings to be offered this year at the major northern hemisphere auctions, including four at Saratoga and eight at Keeneland September.
Klaus Jacobs' Newsells Park Stud, one of the leading purchasers at breeding stock sales in recent years, took home the top lot at the Tattersalls December Sales when buying the twice classic- placed filly Midnight Angel (Acatenango) for 500,000 guineas from Union Stud in Germany.
The market didn't collapse during the first session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. But it was clear from the early results the auction would not keep pace with last year's edition, which established a November record for average price and piled up gross revenues of more than $300 million for the second time in its history.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago