Fifty-year-old Russell Baze, the world's winningest jockey, has been recruited by trainer Lorne Richards to ride K.K. Sangara's Shut It Down in the Queen's Plate at Woodbine June 21.
Texas Wildcatter, runner-up in the Canadian Derby (Can-III) last month, heads the field in the $250,000 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) at Hastings Park in Vancouver Sept. 21.
Southern California shipper Celtic Dreamin successfully invaded Canada for his first graded stakes win, romping to victory in the CAN$263,780 British Columbia Breeders' Cup Derby (Can-III) Sept. 23 at Hastings Race Course.
Financingavailable capped off a five-win day for Todd Kabel when the she captured Sunday's $160,350 Jammed Lovely Stakes for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Royal Place, ridden by Gerry Olguin, surged to the lead in deep stretch Thursday to capture the $103,598 Lieutenant Governors' Handicap (Can-III) at Hastings Park by a neck, spoiling Lord Nelson's bid for his third straight win in the stakes race.
Sheila's Prospect held off a late flurry of challengers to capture Woodbine's $175,300 Bessarabian Stakes (gr. III), with jockey Jim McAleney aboard, on Wednesday night.
Most Popular Stories
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Newton to Receive Preakness Photography Award
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic