Summer Bird, unable to make it back from a fracture suffered while training for the Japan Cup Dirt, has been retired.
Summer Bird, winner of the grade I Belmont Stakes, Travers, and Jockey Club Gold Cup, was withdrawn from the Dec. 6 Japan Cup Dirt after suffering an injury in a workout.
Summer Bird, winner of the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) in his last effort, breezed five furlongs in 1:01 4/5 the morning of July 12 at Monmouth Park.
A $32,000 claim at Del Mar this summer, Dearest Trickski became a grade I winner when she ran away from the field in the $250,000 La Brea Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Park Dec. 29.
Comic Truth made a laugher out of Sunday's $160,700 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) at Remington Park with a 10-length triumph over favored Excessivepleasure.
K.K. and Devi Jayaraman's homebred filly, Explosive Beauty, pulled away to a lopsided victory in the $50,000 Martha Washington Stakes on Monday at Oaklawn before the season's largest crowd of 23,253.
K.K. & Vilasini Jayaraman's Comic Truth, winner of the Lafayette Stakes at Evangeline Downs, heads a field of 10 2-year-olds entered Wednesday for Delta Downs' $500,000 Delta Jackpot Stakes at a mile Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races