G. Watts Humphrey's 5-year-old mare Centre Court will attempt become only the second repeat winner of the Jenny Wiley Stakes (gr. IT) at Keeneland when she takes on nine rivals in the 1 1/16-mile turf race April 12.
Centre Court, seizing the lead in deep stretch, held off a streaking Kitten's Point by a nose to make it consecutive wins in the $200,000 Honey Fox Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf March 15.
TimeformUS Saturday Plays from Oaklawn, Santa Anita and Gulfstream read blog
Parranda, coming off back-to-back stakes victories at Gulfstream Park, will attempt to add to her impressive record n the $200,000 Honey Fox Stakes (gr. IIT) at one mile March 15.
by Anne Peters
One could attribute the success of Kitten's Joy as a sire to the many savvy breeders who stepped out of their comfort zone to use a turf stayer, but that would be wrong.
Juddmonte Farms homebred Emollient established a clear lead early and then opened up on her dozen rivals in the stretch to register an easy victory in the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) April 6 at Keeneland.
John Oxley's grade I winner Spring in the Air will face a full field of 13 rivals in the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies going 1 1/16 miles on the main track at Keeneland April 6.
Kitten's Joy daughter and Augustin Stable homebred prevails in rough-run grade III at Gulfstream Park.
Longshot Moonwalk earned a hard-fought nose victory in the JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. III) Oct. 11 at Keeneland, likely punching her ticket to the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Departing, Carve Set for Homecoming Classic
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park