Seven graded stakes winners will face off in the First Lady at Keeneland, with plenty of speedy fillies and mares perhaps setting the race up for a closer.
G. Watts Humphrey's 5-year-old mare Centre Court will attempt become only the second repeat winner of the Jenny Wiley Stakes (gr. IT) at Keeneland when she takes on nine rivals in the 1 1/16-mile turf race April 12.
Centre Court, seizing the lead in deep stretch, held off a streaking Kitten's Point by a nose to make it consecutive wins in the $200,000 Honey Fox Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf March 15.
TimeformUS Saturday Plays from Oaklawn, Santa Anita and Gulfstream read blog
Parranda, coming off back-to-back stakes victories at Gulfstream Park, will attempt to add to her impressive record n the $200,000 Honey Fox Stakes (gr. IIT) at one mile March 15.
by Anne Peters
One could attribute the success of Kitten's Joy as a sire to the many savvy breeders who stepped out of their comfort zone to use a turf stayer, but that would be wrong.
Juddmonte Farms homebred Emollient established a clear lead early and then opened up on her dozen rivals in the stretch to register an easy victory in the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) April 6 at Keeneland.
John Oxley's grade I winner Spring in the Air will face a full field of 13 rivals in the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies going 1 1/16 miles on the main track at Keeneland April 6.
Kitten's Joy daughter and Augustin Stable homebred prevails in rough-run grade III at Gulfstream Park.
Longshot Moonwalk earned a hard-fought nose victory in the JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes (gr. III) Oct. 11 at Keeneland, likely punching her ticket to the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- The Lewis Dinner, Chasing Bubbles Victorious
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream