Sharon Fitzpatrick's millionaire Continental Red faces seven other turf marathoners as the 9-year-old gelding seeks to regain his winning form in Saturday's San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/2 miles over Santa Anita's grass.
The Adam Kitchingman-trained Vikki's Honor, a dark bay California-bred filly named for the late wife of the Australian trainer, won her debut Saturday, a $45,600 maiden special weight event at Santa Anita Park.
Funeral services were held Tuesday for Vikki Kitchingman, horse owner and the wife of trainer Adam Kitchingman. She died at 34 of cancer.
The Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) is loaded with 2-year-old fillies trained by big-time names like Lukas, Baffert, and Mandella. Not to be lost among the shuffle, however, is newcomer Adam Kitchingman. The 29-year-old Australian conditioner is sending out his first stakes winner ever, Dixie High, in the $1-million Juvenile Fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Breeding Fund Changes Approved by PA House
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom