Sharon Fitzpatrick's millionaire Continental Red faces seven other turf marathoners as the 9-year-old gelding seeks to regain his winning form in Saturday's San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/2 miles over Santa Anita's grass.
The Adam Kitchingman-trained Vikki's Honor, a dark bay California-bred filly named for the late wife of the Australian trainer, won her debut Saturday, a $45,600 maiden special weight event at Santa Anita Park.
Funeral services were held Tuesday for Vikki Kitchingman, horse owner and the wife of trainer Adam Kitchingman. She died at 34 of cancer.
The Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) is loaded with 2-year-old fillies trained by big-time names like Lukas, Baffert, and Mandella. Not to be lost among the shuffle, however, is newcomer Adam Kitchingman. The 29-year-old Australian conditioner is sending out his first stakes winner ever, Dixie High, in the $1-million Juvenile Fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning