Coolmore Australia has announced service fees for the 2009 season, headed by Encosta de Lago, who will stand at a reduced fee of $220,000.
The Inglis Australian Breeding Stock Sale quickly established its place within the bloodstock trade when the Southern Hemisphere record for a Thoroughbred sold at auction was obliterated by Danehill mare Milanova, who sold for Aus$5 million as part of the Tyreel Stud Reduction.
Now that Equine Influenza has been trampled out of Australia, experts and breeders alike are predicting the broodmare owners of Australia will hit the stallion farms en masse. This follows the drama of last season where broodmare coverings were down 17% across Australia.
Royal Academy, who distinguished himself at various locales around the world, will not stand in 2008 at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky., as planned, but will remain at Coolmore Australia,
There are two superstar stallions in Australia: One is Redoute's Choice and the other is Encosta de Lago. Coolmore owns Encosta de Lago, and he is about to be given the chance to show his talents on a global stage at the outfit's stud in Ireland.
A weanling by More Than Ready and a 3-year-old half-sister to Holy Bull each brought $100,000 to top Tuesday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale.
Four years after buying and building Highland Farm, near Paris, Ky., George and Kay Hofmeister have listed the Bourbon County estate for sale for $60 million. "We're going to scale way back, but we're not going to leave the industry," George Hofmeister said Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees