Kiaran McLaughlin talked all week about how blinkers had made the difference in Daaher's Aug. 26 allowance victory at Saratoga. Apparently, the trainer was right on the money, as the 3-year-old Awesome Again colt was much the best in the $160,100 Jerome Handicap (gr. II) Oct. 7.
West Point Thoroughbreds' Seattle Fitz, who posted impressive back-to-back victories in the (gr. III) Schaefer at Pimlico and the (gr. II) Brooklyn Handicap at Belmont, will skip the Suburban Handicap (gr. I) on July 3 and make his next start in the $750,000 Whitney Handicap (gr. I) on Aug. 7 at Saratoga.
West Point Thoroughbreds' Seattle Fitz, the handy winner of the (gr. III) Schaefer Handicap at Pimlico on Preakness Day, will be entered in Saturday's $250,000 Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park, according to West Point president Terry Finley.
Although no stakes events are scheduled for Wednesday at Saratoga, the 10-race card will still feature top-quality racing. Headlining the Wednesday card is the eighth race, a third-level allowance at 1 1/16-miles on the Mellon (outer) Turf course. A field of six older horses is expected to contest the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Unspurned Makes Grade in Whimsical
- Dramedy Lights Up Elkhorn at 30-1
- Yahilwa Recovers to Win Sixty Sails Handicap
- KY Oaks Contenders Birdatthewire, Puca Breeze
- Two Equal Fastest Furlong Time at OBS Show
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut