Jess's Dream, Curlin--Rachel Alexandra, gets a bath after a lap around Saratoga's main track Aug. 4.
Kiaran McLaughlin talked all week about how blinkers had made the difference in Daaher's Aug. 26 allowance victory at Saratoga. Apparently, the trainer was right on the money, as the 3-year-old Awesome Again colt was much the best in the $160,100 Jerome Handicap (gr. II) Oct. 7.
West Point Thoroughbreds' Seattle Fitz, who posted impressive back-to-back victories in the (gr. III) Schaefer at Pimlico and the (gr. II) Brooklyn Handicap at Belmont, will skip the Suburban Handicap (gr. I) on July 3 and make his next start in the $750,000 Whitney Handicap (gr. I) on Aug. 7 at Saratoga.
West Point Thoroughbreds' Seattle Fitz, the handy winner of the (gr. III) Schaefer Handicap at Pimlico on Preakness Day, will be entered in Saturday's $250,000 Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park, according to West Point president Terry Finley.
Although no stakes events are scheduled for Wednesday at Saratoga, the 10-race card will still feature top-quality racing. Headlining the Wednesday card is the eighth race, a third-level allowance at 1 1/16-miles on the Mellon (outer) Turf course. A field of six older horses is expected to contest the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Trainer Stuart Earns Career Victory 1,000
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth