Texas Glitter outraced long shot Joe's Son Joey by a head Saturday to win the $75,000 Yankee Affair Stakes at Gulfstream. The race was marred when Kipperscope broke down.
Fappie's Notebook rallied from far back to edge Twilight Road by a head in Sunday's $100,000 Deputy Minister Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park. On a drying out track labeled good, Irving and Marjorie Cowan's homebred completed the 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:16.19 under Jorge Chavez.
Hook and Ladder caught Kipperscope in the stretch and pulled away to a 3 1/4 -length victory Sunday in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park to remain unbeaten from four starts at the South Florida track.
A field of nine older horses are set to fly six furlong's in Sunday's $100,000 grade III Mr. Prospector Stakes at Gulfstream Park. Vying for favoritism will be Hook and Ladder, who has not lost in three tries at the venue, and Istintaj, who looks to repeat his win in last year's running of the Mr. P.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes