Champion producer Ivory Idol died March 30 at Kip and Suzanne Knelman's Farfellow Farms near Paris, Ky. The daughter of Alydar--Ivory Wand, by Sir Ivor was 30.
Buddha, a grade I winner for owners Gary and Mary West who won all three starts this year for trainer James Bond, has been retired because of a muscle problem in his back.
Seven-year-old Critikola, a group II winner in her native Argentine and grade I stakes-placed in the U.S., has been retired from racing and was bred April 28 to champion Lemon Drop Kid.
Kip and Suzanne Knelman, who bred Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) winner Buddha in the name of Farfellow Farms, privately sold the colt's dam, Cahooters, about two weeks prior to the April 13 race to Gaines-Gentry Thoroughbreds and Castleton Lyons.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Bernardini Filly Shows Maturity in OBS Breeze
- 123Gaming Granted ADW License in Washington
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Brother to Eight Belles Gets Tesio Class Test
- California Chrome Under Saddle at Newmarket