Champion producer Ivory Idol died March 30 at Kip and Suzanne Knelman's Farfellow Farms near Paris, Ky. The daughter of Alydar--Ivory Wand, by Sir Ivor was 30.
Buddha, a grade I winner for owners Gary and Mary West who won all three starts this year for trainer James Bond, has been retired because of a muscle problem in his back.
Seven-year-old Critikola, a group II winner in her native Argentine and grade I stakes-placed in the U.S., has been retired from racing and was bred April 28 to champion Lemon Drop Kid.
Kip and Suzanne Knelman, who bred Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) winner Buddha in the name of Farfellow Farms, privately sold the colt's dam, Cahooters, about two weeks prior to the April 13 race to Gaines-Gentry Thoroughbreds and Castleton Lyons.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Photo Call Cruises to Violet Victory
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87