Majestic Warrior, impressive winner of the 2007 Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, has been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2009 at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
International owners Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith have reached an agreement in principle to buy a half-interest in grade I-winning 2-year-old Majestic Warrior from George Steinbrenner's Kinsman Stable.
Stakes-placed Lightnin N Thunder was represented by his first winner when his daughter Always Enchanted won Sept. 14 at Belmont Park.
Sharon Brown, the dam of 1994 Horse of the Year Holy Bull, was euthanized July 28 because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
Ebony Breeze, a millionaire homebred for George Steinbrenner's Kinsman Stable, has arrived at Kinsman Farm near Ocala, Fla., to become a broodmare.
Bellamy Road, record-setting winner of the 2005 Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I) at Aqueduct, will enter stud at Hurricane Hall near Lexington.
Crown Delite, a 7-year-old son of A.P. Indy, will begin his first season as a commercial stallion at George Steinbrenner III's Kinsman Farm near Ocala, Fla.
Ebony Breeze, one of several fillies and mares who ran against tougher company in their last start, should prove a slight favorite in Saturday's six-furlong Endine Handicap (gr. III) at Delaware Park.
Trainer Nick Zito said Tuesday morning that Kinsman Stable's Bellamy Road will make his long awaited return to the races in the $1-million Travers Stakes (gr. I), instead of the King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I), the race that was originally on his schedule. Both races are Saturday at Saratoga.
In a thrilling three-horse finish, Beacon Shine was all out to win the $105,100 Flash Stakes (gr. III) Friday at Belmont Park.
Kinsman Stable's Bellamy Road, winner of the Miller Genuine Draft Cradle Stakes (gr. III) at River Downs last month, drew post 3 for Saturday's Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill