Kinsella, who sold for a sale-topping $2.2 million at the 2007 Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale, was euthanized Jan. 25 after breaking down following a workout over Santa Anita's Pro-Ride surface.
Trainer Bob Baffert, who won a pair of grade I stakes on the closing weekend of the Hollywood Park fall meeting, is in a prime position to do it again as the Santa Anita winter meet opens Dec. 26.
Get Stormy disproved the notion that he was a "need the lead" type when he ran down pacesetter Major Marvel in the lane on his way to victory in the $125,000 Bryan Station Stakes (gr. IIIT) over a yielding Keeneland turf course Oct. 18.
G. Watts Humphrey's El Crespo, the lone graded stakes winner in a field of eight 3-year-olds, leads the way for the $125,000 Bryan Station (gr. IIIT) Oct. 18 at Keeneland.
Kinsella, the 2007 Saratoga sale topper whose price was more than double the second-highest-priced yearling, won March 14 at Gulfstream Park in his first start.
Kinsella, the $2.2-million sale-topper at last year's Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction, is in training with Todd Pletcher and could make his racing debut late this year.
A secretive group trying to obtain the New York Racing Association franchise is raising concerns about NYRA's attempt to sell 80 acres of land near Aqueduct racetrack--land the group says may not be owned by NYRA.
A secret group interested in bidding for the racetrack franchise now held by the New York Racing Association is urging the U.S. Attorney's office to prosecute the racing entity.
Most Popular Stories
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- New Bay, Karaktar Among 14 for French Derby
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli