Kinsella, who sold for a sale-topping $2.2 million at the 2007 Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale, was euthanized Jan. 25 after breaking down following a workout over Santa Anita's Pro-Ride surface.
Trainer Bob Baffert, who won a pair of grade I stakes on the closing weekend of the Hollywood Park fall meeting, is in a prime position to do it again as the Santa Anita winter meet opens Dec. 26.
Get Stormy disproved the notion that he was a "need the lead" type when he ran down pacesetter Major Marvel in the lane on his way to victory in the $125,000 Bryan Station Stakes (gr. IIIT) over a yielding Keeneland turf course Oct. 18.
G. Watts Humphrey's El Crespo, the lone graded stakes winner in a field of eight 3-year-olds, leads the way for the $125,000 Bryan Station (gr. IIIT) Oct. 18 at Keeneland.
Kinsella, the 2007 Saratoga sale topper whose price was more than double the second-highest-priced yearling, won March 14 at Gulfstream Park in his first start.
Kinsella, the $2.2-million sale-topper at last year's Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction, is in training with Todd Pletcher and could make his racing debut late this year.
- By Tom Precious
A secretive group trying to obtain the New York Racing Association franchise is raising concerns about NYRA's attempt to sell 80 acres of land near Aqueduct racetrack--land the group says may not be owned by NYRA.
- By Tom Precious
A secret group interested in bidding for the racetrack franchise now held by the New York Racing Association is urging the U.S. Attorney's office to prosecute the racing entity.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Still Atop NTRA 3-Year-Old Poll
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- 2016 Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award Finalists Named
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks