Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
Michael Moran's McDynamo clinched his third steeplechase Eclipse Award with a determined victory in the $150,000 Colonial Cup (NSA-I) at Springdale Race Course Sunday.
Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete did the dirty work of running down pacesetter Bow Strada on the long run up the backstretch, but still won the $150,000 Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) Saturday.
Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete tracked favorite McDynamo until the final turn and drew off to win the $156,375 Royal Chase (NSA-I) for hurdlers under rainy skies at Keeneland Friday.
Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete, the leading steeplechase earner of 2004, won his first open grade I stakes with a stirring stretch run in the $150,000 Iroquois (NSA-I) Saturday at Percy Warner Park.
Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete took the lead on the final turn and held off a furious rally from Hirapour to win the $50,000 Carolina First Carolina Cup (NSA-III) at Springdale Race Course Saturday.
Sur La Tete took the $75,000 Metcalf Memorial Steeplechase (NSA-II) as hurdle racing returned to Monmouth Park for the first time since 1992 on Sunday.
Sur La Tete, under a heady ride by Christopher Read, rolled to an open-lengths lead turning for home en route to winning the Meadow Brook Steeplechase (NSA-I) in course record time Thursday afternoon at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup