Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
Michael Moran's McDynamo clinched his third steeplechase Eclipse Award with a determined victory in the $150,000 Colonial Cup (NSA-I) at Springdale Race Course Sunday.
Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete did the dirty work of running down pacesetter Bow Strada on the long run up the backstretch, but still won the $150,000 Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) Saturday.
Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete tracked favorite McDynamo until the final turn and drew off to win the $156,375 Royal Chase (NSA-I) for hurdlers under rainy skies at Keeneland Friday.
Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete, the leading steeplechase earner of 2004, won his first open grade I stakes with a stirring stretch run in the $150,000 Iroquois (NSA-I) Saturday at Percy Warner Park.
Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete took the lead on the final turn and held off a furious rally from Hirapour to win the $50,000 Carolina First Carolina Cup (NSA-III) at Springdale Race Course Saturday.
Sur La Tete took the $75,000 Metcalf Memorial Steeplechase (NSA-II) as hurdle racing returned to Monmouth Park for the first time since 1992 on Sunday.
Sur La Tete, under a heady ride by Christopher Read, rolled to an open-lengths lead turning for home en route to winning the Meadow Brook Steeplechase (NSA-I) in course record time Thursday afternoon at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Tribal Rule Yearlings Top Washington Sale
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego