Champion mare Black Caviar easily extended her unbeaten streak to 25 wins in as many starts April 13 as she ran 10 overmatched opponents off their feet in the $1 million Darley T. J. Smith Stakes (Aus-I) at Royal Randwick.
Undefeated Black Caviar easily tallied victory number 24 in the $400,000 William Reid Stakes (Aus-I) March 22 at Moonee Valley and joined the mighty Kingston Town in the history books with a record-tying 14th top-level win.
Black Caviar will put her unbeaten record on the line in the $400,000 William Reid Stakes (Aus-I) March 22 at Moonee Valley and bid to equal the great Kingston Town's record tally of 14 Australian group I wins.
Demonstrating she still has the competitive fire that has made her a living legend, Black Caviar took her unbeaten record to 23 victories Feb. 16 at Flemington in record time in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I).
Niconero charged home at a great rate to claim the Dec. 6 Kingston Town Stakes at Ascot again. And it was the same result, with the same jockey--Brad Rawiller--for the same trainer David Hayes, at the same price of 9-2.
Saturday's $3 million Cox Plate in Australia will be the most important race in the career of the celebrated super mare, Sunline, her jockey, Greg Childs, says.
Most Popular Stories
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Red Sailed into the Sunset
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident