Champion mare Black Caviar easily extended her unbeaten streak to 25 wins in as many starts April 13 as she ran 10 overmatched opponents off their feet in the $1 million Darley T. J. Smith Stakes (Aus-I) at Royal Randwick.
Undefeated Black Caviar easily tallied victory number 24 in the $400,000 William Reid Stakes (Aus-I) March 22 at Moonee Valley and joined the mighty Kingston Town in the history books with a record-tying 14th top-level win.
Black Caviar will put her unbeaten record on the line in the $400,000 William Reid Stakes (Aus-I) March 22 at Moonee Valley and bid to equal the great Kingston Town's record tally of 14 Australian group I wins.
Demonstrating she still has the competitive fire that has made her a living legend, Black Caviar took her unbeaten record to 23 victories Feb. 16 at Flemington in record time in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I).
Niconero charged home at a great rate to claim the Dec. 6 Kingston Town Stakes at Ascot again. And it was the same result, with the same jockey--Brad Rawiller--for the same trainer David Hayes, at the same price of 9-2.
Saturday's $3 million Cox Plate in Australia will be the most important race in the career of the celebrated super mare, Sunline, her jockey, Greg Childs, says.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park