Champion mare Black Caviar easily extended her unbeaten streak to 25 wins in as many starts April 13 as she ran 10 overmatched opponents off their feet in the $1 million Darley T. J. Smith Stakes (Aus-I) at Royal Randwick.
Undefeated Black Caviar easily tallied victory number 24 in the $400,000 William Reid Stakes (Aus-I) March 22 at Moonee Valley and joined the mighty Kingston Town in the history books with a record-tying 14th top-level win.
Black Caviar will put her unbeaten record on the line in the $400,000 William Reid Stakes (Aus-I) March 22 at Moonee Valley and bid to equal the great Kingston Town's record tally of 14 Australian group I wins.
Demonstrating she still has the competitive fire that has made her a living legend, Black Caviar took her unbeaten record to 23 victories Feb. 16 at Flemington in record time in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes (Aus-I).
Niconero charged home at a great rate to claim the Dec. 6 Kingston Town Stakes at Ascot again. And it was the same result, with the same jockey--Brad Rawiller--for the same trainer David Hayes, at the same price of 9-2.
Saturday's $3 million Cox Plate in Australia will be the most important race in the career of the celebrated super mare, Sunline, her jockey, Greg Childs, says.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady