Sole Power pulled a King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) double, motoring on the far side to pass 50-1 shot Stepper Point by 1 1/4 lengths. The 7-year-old sprinter won last year's race and was third in the 2012 running.
Reports from Royal Ascot on the opening day of races. Including Frankel in the Queen Anne, the King's Stand and more! watch video
Hard-knocking Prohibit flew home in the final furlong to earn a well-deserved first group I victory in the $488,313 King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 14.
Despite stumbling at the start, Equiano dominated the field and scorched home to win the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) by 1 1/2 lengths June 15 at Royal Ascot.
Australia claimed the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) for the fourth time in seven years as Scenic Blast produced a superb turn of foot and rocketed to a three-quarters length victory in the five-furlong contest at Royal Ascot June 16.
Apache Cat takes the group I T.J. Smith Stakes at Royal Randwick over fellow group-I winners Takeover Target and Magnus, thus stamping his ticket to England's Royal Ascot in May.
English race goers now know what their French counterparts know: That Chineur is a commendable sprinter.
Most Popular Stories
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'