Reports from Royal Ascot on the opening day of races. Including Frankel in the Queen Anne, the King's Stand and more! watch video
Hard-knocking Prohibit flew home in the final furlong to earn a well-deserved first group I victory in the $488,313 King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 14.
Despite stumbling at the start, Equiano dominated the field and scorched home to win the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) by 1 1/2 lengths June 15 at Royal Ascot.
Australia claimed the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) for the fourth time in seven years as Scenic Blast produced a superb turn of foot and rocketed to a three-quarters length victory in the five-furlong contest at Royal Ascot June 16.
Apache Cat takes the group I T.J. Smith Stakes at Royal Randwick over fellow group-I winners Takeover Target and Magnus, thus stamping his ticket to England's Royal Ascot in May.
English race goers now know what their French counterparts know: That Chineur is a commendable sprinter.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Jockey De La Cruz Registers 1,000th Victory
- Zia Park Reports 14% Increase in 2013 Handle
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- House Subcommittee to Discuss Internet Gaming
- Wagering Up More Than 4% in November