Sole Power pulled a King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) double, motoring on the far side to pass 50-1 shot Stepper Point by 1 1/4 lengths. The 7-year-old sprinter won last year's race and was third in the 2012 running.
Reports from Royal Ascot on the opening day of races. Including Frankel in the Queen Anne, the King's Stand and more! watch video
Hard-knocking Prohibit flew home in the final furlong to earn a well-deserved first group I victory in the $488,313 King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 14.
Despite stumbling at the start, Equiano dominated the field and scorched home to win the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) by 1 1/2 lengths June 15 at Royal Ascot.
Australia claimed the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-I) for the fourth time in seven years as Scenic Blast produced a superb turn of foot and rocketed to a three-quarters length victory in the five-furlong contest at Royal Ascot June 16.
Apache Cat takes the group I T.J. Smith Stakes at Royal Randwick over fellow group-I winners Takeover Target and Magnus, thus stamping his ticket to England's Royal Ascot in May.
English race goers now know what their French counterparts know: That Chineur is a commendable sprinter.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line