Moving the under-tack preview forward a day to dodge wet weather paid off for the Barretts Sales & Racing March 2-year-old select sale. A nice crowd of prospective buyers was on hand Feb. 27 to witness 104 horses breeze.
A hush fell over the jam-packed pavilion at Ocala Breeders' Sales Company March 13 when Hip No. 333 entered the auction ring late in the OBS March select 2-year-old sale.
A half sister to Triple Crown competitor Creative Cause brought $310,000 early in the afternoon of May 22 during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Maryland.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training opened May 21 at Timonium, Md., with increases in a couple of its key business figures. The average price grew 3.6% from a year ago while the median price rose 8%.
A Scat Daddy colt commanded $575,000 around 11 a.m. (EDT) during the first session of the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Maryland. He is the highest-priced horse sold so far during the auction.
A Repent colt was the fastest worker at an eighth of a mile May 15 during the second session of the under tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic preferred sale of 2-year-olds in training at Timonium in Maryland.
A colt by Vindication and a filly by Forest Camp worked eighths in :10 flat to post the fastest times at the distance Saturday at the first session of the Under Tack Preview for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2007 March Sale of Selected 2-Year-Olds in Training.
A bay filly by Arch breezed an eighth of a mile on grass in :9 4/5 Sunday at Calder Race Course in preparation for the Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga