Pacesetter Twilight Meteor opened up a clear lead turning for home and had enough left in the stretch to hold off Rahy's Attorney to win the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck Dec. 4 at Calder.
J. Paul Reddam's Square Eddie moved into striking position rounding the far turn and drew off in the stretch for an easy win under Rafael Bejarano in the $500,000 Lane's End Futurity (gr. I) Oct. 4 on the Keeneland Polytrack. The victory earned the 2-year-old Smart Strike colt an automatic berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile later this month at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees