Buddy's Saint, a graded stakes winner at 2 that had been nearing a return to the races, broke down in a workout on the Belmont Park main track Nov. 14 and was euthanized, according to a statement released by the NYRA.
Buddy's Saint, who was a leading 2-year-old last year before being knocked off this year's Triple Crown trail with an injury, recorded his first series of breezes since returning to training in Florida.
Buddy's Saint, open-length winner of the Nashua Stakes (gr. II) and Remsen Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct in November, is being pointed toward the $250,000 Fasig-Tipton Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Buddy's Saint, one of the winter book favorites for the 2010 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), arrived at Gulfstream Park from New York Dec. 23 to prepare for his 3-year-old campaign.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag