Carnegie Hill Stable and Kingfield Racing Stable's Neshama capped the card June 12 with an upset in the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser.
Kingfield Racing Stable's 5-year-old gelding Jambalaya made it back-to-back graded stakes victories on the Gulfstream Park grass Saturday, prevailing with a sustained stretch drive in the $150,000 Bulleit Bourbon Pan American Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Jambalaya angled to the outside in the stretch and then won a mad dash to the wire by a neck over favored Honey Ryder and Einstein, attaining grade I glory for his Canadian connections in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Turf at 1 3/8 miles Saturday in south Florida.
A Bit O'Gold, Canada's Horse of the Year in 2005, has been retired from racing.
Kingfield Racing Stable's Jambalaya romped to an eight-length win over Area Limits in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes, the third leg in Canada's Triple Crown at Woodbine Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?