Carnegie Hill Stable and Kingfield Racing Stable's Neshama capped the card June 12 with an upset in the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser.
Kingfield Racing Stable's 5-year-old gelding Jambalaya made it back-to-back graded stakes victories on the Gulfstream Park grass Saturday, prevailing with a sustained stretch drive in the $150,000 Bulleit Bourbon Pan American Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Jambalaya angled to the outside in the stretch and then won a mad dash to the wire by a neck over favored Honey Ryder and Einstein, attaining grade I glory for his Canadian connections in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Breeders' Cup Turf at 1 3/8 miles Saturday in south Florida.
A Bit O'Gold, Canada's Horse of the Year in 2005, has been retired from racing.
Kingfield Racing Stable's Jambalaya romped to an eight-length win over Area Limits in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes, the third leg in Canada's Triple Crown at Woodbine Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin