The first reported foal by grade I winner Street Boss is a filly out of the winning King of Kings mare Top Tier.
A record price for a broodmare offered during the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed sale was established Feb. 14 at the sale company's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington, Ky. when North Hills Management went to $370,000 to acquire grade II winner Sweet Win.
Coolmore Stud stallion King of Kings, whose 2-year-old daughter Paddy's Daisy won a division of the Nov. 26 Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park, has been relocated to Gestut Sohrenhof in Switzerland after standing six seasons under the Coolmore banner.
Heavily favored Paddy's Daisy wore down 42-1 outsider Berbatim to win the $112,600 Jessamine County Stakes for 2-year-old fillies Thursday at Keeneland.
Lightly raced Sweet Win, a $10,000 buy as a 2-year-old at Ocala, came from nowhere to capture the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Del Mar Saturday.
Coolmore-controlled stallion King Of Kings has been re-located to New Zealand for the 2004 season.
The Doncaster breeze-up sale in England got off to a quick start Wednesday, posting major gains.
Master William, masterfully piloted by Patrick Husbands, scored a major upset in Saturday's featured $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes at Woodbine.
King of Kings, an Irish champion and English classic winner, will stand in 2003 in Japan under a lease arrangement between Irish-based Coolmore Stud and the Japanese outfit East Stud.
Champion and classic winner King Of Kings celebrated his first Northern Hemisphere winner when his son Dharkan won at Southwell in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale