Although Matt Chapman wonders why he was asked back after picking against Estimate, he tries again with Day 4 at Royal Ascot, including the Coronation Stakes and the King Edward VII. Watch Video
Lady Tennant's High Accolade rallied to the lead just inside the final furlong to win the 1 1/2-mile King Edward VII Stakes (Eng-II) for 3-year-olds at Royal Ascot Friday afternoon. The 5-2 favorite in the eight-horse field covered the distance over the good-firm going in 2:28.45.
Michael Tabor and Mrs. John Magnier's Sophisticat won the group I Coronation Stakes for 3-year-old fillies June 21 at Royal Ascot and gave trainer Aidan O'Brien and jockey Michael Kinane their second group I win of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Live Saratoga Weekend Coverage from HRRN
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor
- Travers Stakes: Bayern Gets a Bath
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys