Although Matt Chapman wonders why he was asked back after picking against Estimate, he tries again with Day 4 at Royal Ascot, including the Coronation Stakes and the King Edward VII. Watch Video
Lady Tennant's High Accolade rallied to the lead just inside the final furlong to win the 1 1/2-mile King Edward VII Stakes (Eng-II) for 3-year-olds at Royal Ascot Friday afternoon. The 5-2 favorite in the eight-horse field covered the distance over the good-firm going in 2:28.45.
Michael Tabor and Mrs. John Magnier's Sophisticat won the group I Coronation Stakes for 3-year-old fillies June 21 at Royal Ascot and gave trainer Aidan O'Brien and jockey Michael Kinane their second group I win of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Stopchargingmaria Impressive in CCA Oaks