Although Matt Chapman wonders why he was asked back after picking against Estimate, he tries again with Day 4 at Royal Ascot, including the Coronation Stakes and the King Edward VII. Watch Video
Lady Tennant's High Accolade rallied to the lead just inside the final furlong to win the 1 1/2-mile King Edward VII Stakes (Eng-II) for 3-year-olds at Royal Ascot Friday afternoon. The 5-2 favorite in the eight-horse field covered the distance over the good-firm going in 2:28.45.
Michael Tabor and Mrs. John Magnier's Sophisticat won the group I Coronation Stakes for 3-year-old fillies June 21 at Royal Ascot and gave trainer Aidan O'Brien and jockey Michael Kinane their second group I win of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Digging Deeper into BC Lasix Study
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- Bill Strauss Elected to Serve on TOC Board
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY