Although Matt Chapman wonders why he was asked back after picking against Estimate, he tries again with Day 4 at Royal Ascot, including the Coronation Stakes and the King Edward VII. Watch Video
Lady Tennant's High Accolade rallied to the lead just inside the final furlong to win the 1 1/2-mile King Edward VII Stakes (Eng-II) for 3-year-olds at Royal Ascot Friday afternoon. The 5-2 favorite in the eight-horse field covered the distance over the good-firm going in 2:28.45.
Michael Tabor and Mrs. John Magnier's Sophisticat won the group I Coronation Stakes for 3-year-old fillies June 21 at Royal Ascot and gave trainer Aidan O'Brien and jockey Michael Kinane their second group I win of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture