The Coolmore team from Ireland ruled the fourth day of Royal Ascot, where it won both group 1 events and gave a boost to Caravaggio, one of the most promising sons of the late sire Scat Daddy.
Muhaarar picked up his third group stakes win in his past five starts and secured his first victory at the highest level when he delivered a decisive score in the $361,000 Commonwealth Cup (Eng-I) June 19.
Although Matt Chapman wonders why he was asked back after picking against Estimate, he tries again with Day 4 at Royal Ascot, including the Coronation Stakes and the King Edward VII. Watch Video
Lady Tennant's High Accolade rallied to the lead just inside the final furlong to win the 1 1/2-mile King Edward VII Stakes (Eng-II) for 3-year-olds at Royal Ascot Friday afternoon. The 5-2 favorite in the eight-horse field covered the distance over the good-firm going in 2:28.45.
Michael Tabor and Mrs. John Magnier's Sophisticat won the group I Coronation Stakes for 3-year-old fillies June 21 at Royal Ascot and gave trainer Aidan O'Brien and jockey Michael Kinane their second group I win of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins