Mother Goose, United Nations, Prairie Queen's Plate, Meadows Cornhusker Handicap, Smile Sprint Handicap, Princess Rooney Handicap, King Edward, Highlander, Dance Smartly, James Penny Memorial, Carry Back, Singspiel...
Making only his second start in North America, 5-year-old Royal Oath came three-wide into the stretch then out-dueled pacesetter Ice Bear to earn his first victory in more than a year June 28 in the $309,400 King Edward Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-II) on the Woodbine turf.
The California-bred Bilo, making just his third start since November of 2005, held off favored Surf Cat in the final strides to earn his first grade I victory while upsetting Saturday's $300,000 Triple Bend Handicap at Hollywood Park.
After two starts in the United States, Wando, Canada's reigning Horse of the Year, makes his 2004 Woodbine debut on Saturday in the $324,300 King Edward Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-II).
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta