Making only his second start in North America, 5-year-old Royal Oath came three-wide into the stretch then out-dueled pacesetter Ice Bear to earn his first victory in more than a year June 28 in the $309,400 King Edward Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-II) on the Woodbine turf.
The California-bred Bilo, making just his third start since November of 2005, held off favored Surf Cat in the final strides to earn his first grade I victory while upsetting Saturday's $300,000 Triple Bend Handicap at Hollywood Park.
After two starts in the United States, Wando, Canada's reigning Horse of the Year, makes his 2004 Woodbine debut on Saturday in the $324,300 King Edward Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-II).
Most Popular Stories
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Nominations Being Accepted for Top Simulcast
- Eutrophia to Reduce Thoroughbred Holdings