The Big Bad Kittens are invading Texas, as grade I winner Admiral Kitten faces seven opponents in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Cup (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 25.
Swift Warrior made his first-ever start at Sam Houston Race Park a successful one Jan. 26, when he beat nine rivals in the John B. Connally Turf Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) in a pacesetting effort.
Scarlet Stable's King David and jockey Rosie Napravnik figure to be a tough act in the John B. Connally Turf Cup Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park Jan. 26.
Pete Denk and Frank Angst handicap the Jewel Stakes and the Emerald Stakes of the Claiming Crown from Gulfstream Park Saturday. Watch Video
The Claiming Crown comes to Gulfstream Park for the south Florida oval's season opener Dec. 1, and local horsemen have responded enthusiastically with 97 entrants in the seven-race series worth a total of $850,000 in purses.
King David has a chance to prove his Jamaica Handicap (gr. IT) upset was no fluke when he joins an overflow field of 16 starters for the $100,000 Commonwealth Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Nov. 17 at Churchill Downs.
Longshot King David upset the $400,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IT) Oct. 6 at Belmont Park, benefiting from a crawling pace set by the eventual runner-up as 8-5 favorite Dullahan finished fifth.
Donegal Racing's TVG Pacific Classic Stakes (gr. I) victor Dullahan is the 4-5 morning-line favorite for the $400,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IT) when he faces seven other sophomores Oct. 6 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends