Each week BloodHorse.com looks forward to the weekend's biggest races. This week we have full slates of stakes at Gulfstream Park and Santa Anita Park, and a Triple Crown prep in New York.
Almost three years after hitting the equine lottery, Ivan Fallunovalot bids for a record third consecutive victory in the Feb. 4 King Cotton Stakes, a $125,000 six-furlong event for older horses at Oaklawn.
Oaklawn Park has canceled its Saturday card for Feb. 8, the third straight day racing at the Arkansas oval has been halted due to winter weather, while Penn National also called off racing.
A broad winter storm and cold temperatures forced the cancellation of live racing in the East and Midwest Jan. 30.
Wintry conditions which have made the racing surface at Oaklawn Park unsuitable for racing have forced the cancellation of this week's live racing. Racing has been cancelled through Feb.4, and will resume Feb. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup