Each week BloodHorse.com looks forward to the weekend's biggest races. This week we have full slates of stakes at Gulfstream Park and Santa Anita Park, and a Triple Crown prep in New York.
Almost three years after hitting the equine lottery, Ivan Fallunovalot bids for a record third consecutive victory in the Feb. 4 King Cotton Stakes, a $125,000 six-furlong event for older horses at Oaklawn.
Oaklawn Park has canceled its Saturday card for Feb. 8, the third straight day racing at the Arkansas oval has been halted due to winter weather, while Penn National also called off racing.
A broad winter storm and cold temperatures forced the cancellation of live racing in the East and Midwest Jan. 30.
Wintry conditions which have made the racing surface at Oaklawn Park unsuitable for racing have forced the cancellation of this week's live racing. Racing has been cancelled through Feb.4, and will resume Feb. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work