Even-money choice Pontchatrain kicked off the new year with her third consecutive stakes victory on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita Park in the $200,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) Jan. 5.
Idle for more than 11 months, Kindle will put her blazing speed to the test as part of a deep field in the $200,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita Park hillside turf course Jan. 5.
Jockey Victor Espinoza put favored Teddy's Promise on the outside where she likes to be and the daughter of Salt Lake did the rest, rolling to an easy victory in the $250,000 Santa Monica Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
After giving Mizdirection quite a tussle earlier this month on the hillside turf course, the speedster Kindle switches to dirt for the $250,000 Santa Monica Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 26 at Santa Anita Park.
Mizdirection, making her first start since defeating males in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT), ran down speedy Kindle in the shadow of the wire to register a repeat victory in the $150,000 Monrovia Stakes.
Mizdirection, one of the stars of the 2012 Breeders' Cup with her come-from-behind win over males in the Turf Sprint (gr. IT), returns to defend her title in the $150,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) Jan. 6 at Santa Anita Park.
Broken Dreams overtook speed-burning Kindle in the closing strides to win the $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita Park Oct. 20 for the second year in a row.
Broken Dreams is back to defend her title in the $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Stakes (gr. IIIT) against eight opponents Oct. 20 on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud