ReRun Inc., the national Thoroughbred adoption group, has created stickers for use on a foal or horse's Jockey Club certificate to provide a contact for a subsequent owner who is unable or unwilling to provide a retirement for a Thoroughbred at the end of its racing or breeding career.
Who are we to tell the Japanese or anyone else how they should discard the horses we once loved? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Slaughter is legal in the United States, and there is nothing that would guarantee Ferdinand would not have ended up in one of the slaughtering plants here if he fell into the wrong hands.
The wheels are in motion to bring Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winners Strike the Gold and Sea Hero back to the United States from Turkey, where both have been standing at stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector