"If you don't do it (again), they're right there to say, 'This guy can do better.' That's the way it goes," said Nick Zito, who will saddle Quimet in the March 28 Florida Derby (gr. I) and Frammento in the Blue Grass (gr. I).
ReRun Inc., the national Thoroughbred adoption group, has created stickers for use on a foal or horse's Jockey Club certificate to provide a contact for a subsequent owner who is unable or unwilling to provide a retirement for a Thoroughbred at the end of its racing or breeding career.
Who are we to tell the Japanese or anyone else how they should discard the horses we once loved? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Slaughter is legal in the United States, and there is nothing that would guarantee Ferdinand would not have ended up in one of the slaughtering plants here if he fell into the wrong hands.
- By Steve Haskin
The wheels are in motion to bring Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winners Strike the Gold and Sea Hero back to the United States from Turkey, where both have been standing at stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Will American Freedom Upset the Gold Cup?
- Congressmen Say Federal Bill Targets Lack of Uniformity
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely