ReRun Inc., the national Thoroughbred adoption group, has created stickers for use on a foal or horse's Jockey Club certificate to provide a contact for a subsequent owner who is unable or unwilling to provide a retirement for a Thoroughbred at the end of its racing or breeding career.
Who are we to tell the Japanese or anyone else how they should discard the horses we once loved? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Slaughter is legal in the United States, and there is nothing that would guarantee Ferdinand would not have ended up in one of the slaughtering plants here if he fell into the wrong hands.
The wheels are in motion to bring Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winners Strike the Gold and Sea Hero back to the United States from Turkey, where both have been standing at stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Churchill Downs Commits Money to RMTC
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Venus de Milo, Narniyn Square Off in Nassau
- City of Hope Designated Breeder's Cup Charity
- TOBA July Member of the Month