"If you don't do it (again), they're right there to say, 'This guy can do better.' That's the way it goes," said Nick Zito, who will saddle Quimet in the March 28 Florida Derby (gr. I) and Frammento in the Blue Grass (gr. I).
ReRun Inc., the national Thoroughbred adoption group, has created stickers for use on a foal or horse's Jockey Club certificate to provide a contact for a subsequent owner who is unable or unwilling to provide a retirement for a Thoroughbred at the end of its racing or breeding career.
Who are we to tell the Japanese or anyone else how they should discard the horses we once loved? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Slaughter is legal in the United States, and there is nothing that would guarantee Ferdinand would not have ended up in one of the slaughtering plants here if he fell into the wrong hands.
The wheels are in motion to bring Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winners Strike the Gold and Sea Hero back to the United States from Turkey, where both have been standing at stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Travers Overnight Rating Best Since 2004
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga