A Western Kentucky training center south of Henderson was placed under quarantine by last night (Jan. 5) following tests that showed two horses in the center's one barn were positive for equine herpesvirus, according to Rusty Ford of the Kentucky state veterinarian's office.
An outrider's pony at Turfway Park that had run a fever last week and tested positive on Dec. 29, 2005, for herpesvirus developed neurologic signs on Jan.1, declined rapidly, and was euthanatized.
Most Popular Stories
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Classy Yanks vs. Euro Invaders in Hill Prince
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Sea The Stars Filly Tops Day 2 of Orby Sale
- New England Horsemen Submit Dates Application
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Hashtag Bourbon Tough in Breeders' Futurity
- Atreides Gets Distance Test in Indiana Derby