A Western Kentucky training center south of Henderson was placed under quarantine by last night (Jan. 5) following tests that showed two horses in the center's one barn were positive for equine herpesvirus, according to Rusty Ford of the Kentucky state veterinarian's office.
An outrider's pony at Turfway Park that had run a fever last week and tested positive on Dec. 29, 2005, for herpesvirus developed neurologic signs on Jan.1, declined rapidly, and was euthanatized.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer