Grade I winner Ballingarry and defending winner Kim Loves Bucky head a field of nine older turf runners assembled at Churchill Downs on Memorial Day for the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Kim Glenney's homebred Kim Loves Bucky, with Shane Sellers riding, overcame pacesetting Quest Star in the stretch and held off closing Rochester to capture Saturday's $112,000 Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
For the second consecutive year, Kim Loves Bucky has won the Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. The 6-year-old gelding completed the 1 1/2-mile turf distance in 2:29.39, with Man From Wicklow a half-length back in second, and Williams News a nose behind for third.
Kim Loves Bucky, a 12-1 shot, upset favorite Cetewayo to take Wednesday's Elkhorn Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Our Channel Makes Trek for American Derby