Grade I winner Ballingarry and defending winner Kim Loves Bucky head a field of nine older turf runners assembled at Churchill Downs on Memorial Day for the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Kim Glenney's homebred Kim Loves Bucky, with Shane Sellers riding, overcame pacesetting Quest Star in the stretch and held off closing Rochester to capture Saturday's $112,000 Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
For the second consecutive year, Kim Loves Bucky has won the Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. The 6-year-old gelding completed the 1 1/2-mile turf distance in 2:29.39, with Man From Wicklow a half-length back in second, and Williams News a nose behind for third.
Kim Loves Bucky, a 12-1 shot, upset favorite Cetewayo to take Wednesday's Elkhorn Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder in Hirsch
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win