Continuing his comeback from an injury that knocked him off the 2010 Triple Crown trail, Endorsement swept past 11-10 choice Canonize in deep stretch to win the $200,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) at Lone Star Park April 28.
Endorsement, on the Triple Crown trail for WinStar Farm in 2010, continued his comeback from injury with a sparkling win in an allowance optional claiming event at Gulfstream Park Feb. 1.
The world-class racemare, already a record-holder having won three Breeders' Cup Miles, finishes third in her attempt to win a fourth. Longshot Court Vision wins by a nose over Turallure.
Multiple grade I winner Court Vision, overlooked at odds of 7-1, soared past The Usual Q. T. in deep stretch to capture the $1 million Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) at the Toronto track Sept. 19.
WinStar Farm's colt has a non-displaced right-front condylar fracture and will not be entered later today in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Facing winners for the first time, WinStar Farm's Endorsement shipped to Sunland Park and Casino from Louisiana and handed Triple Crown contender Conveyance his first defeat in the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) March 28.
Smart Surprise rallied from off the pace, took over in mid-stretch and held off a late bid from Proud Heiress to win the $158,600 Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) for older fillies and mares May 10 at Woodbine.
Court Vision surged from last in the stretch to win the $500,000 Hollywood Derby (gr. IT), giving jockey Ramon Dominguez a sweep of both grade I stakes on the Hollywood Park turf course Nov. 30.
Smart Surprise made her stakes debut a winning one, outfighting Saskawea in the final furlong to win the $132,327 Bessarabian Stakes by a half-length Nov. 23 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis