Keeneland Race Course in Lexington has become the first racing facility to earn re-accreditation from the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance.
Having been persuaded by information and testimony that the most recent troubles of jockey Patrick Valenzuela were due to clinical depression, not substance abuse, and that Valenzuela's depression is being successfully treated, the chairman of the California Horse Racing Board Friday issued a temporary stay of Valenzuela's suspension until an appeal of the decision by Santa Anita Park stewards to suspend him through December 31 is completed.
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win