Keeneland Race Course in Lexington has become the first racing facility to earn re-accreditation from the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance.
Having been persuaded by information and testimony that the most recent troubles of jockey Patrick Valenzuela were due to clinical depression, not substance abuse, and that Valenzuela's depression is being successfully treated, the chairman of the California Horse Racing Board Friday issued a temporary stay of Valenzuela's suspension until an appeal of the decision by Santa Anita Park stewards to suspend him through December 31 is completed.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport