English and French group I winner Immortal Verse sold in foal to Dansili for 4.7 million guineas ($8,090,580 in United States funds), a European record price for a broodmare, at the Tattersalls December mare sale Dec. 3.
Tracking a hot pace for jockey Joe Talamo, Ryehill Dreamer shot home to win the $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) by a whisker over Sidney's Candy on the Hollywood Park turf May 28.
Trade on day three of Tattersalls' October yearling sale in England failed to match the 2005 levels when the turnover of 12,308,000 guineas fell 24% and the average price of 109,893 guineas dipped by 12%.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call