English and French group I winner Immortal Verse sold in foal to Dansili for 4.7 million guineas ($8,090,580 in United States funds), a European record price for a broodmare, at the Tattersalls December mare sale Dec. 3.
Tracking a hot pace for jockey Joe Talamo, Ryehill Dreamer shot home to win the $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) by a whisker over Sidney's Candy on the Hollywood Park turf May 28.
Trade on day three of Tattersalls' October yearling sale in England failed to match the 2005 levels when the turnover of 12,308,000 guineas fell 24% and the average price of 109,893 guineas dipped by 12%.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Empire Dreams Rallies to Win Commentator
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Top-Quality Catalog for JRHA Select Sale
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- Dinerman New Emerald Downs Announcer
- Unbeaten Karpino Romps in German Guineas
- Record Average at MM Weanling Sale