English and French group I winner Immortal Verse sold in foal to Dansili for 4.7 million guineas ($8,090,580 in United States funds), a European record price for a broodmare, at the Tattersalls December mare sale Dec. 3.
Tracking a hot pace for jockey Joe Talamo, Ryehill Dreamer shot home to win the $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) by a whisker over Sidney's Candy on the Hollywood Park turf May 28.
Trade on day three of Tattersalls' October yearling sale in England failed to match the 2005 levels when the turnover of 12,308,000 guineas fell 24% and the average price of 109,893 guineas dipped by 12%.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother