English and French group I winner Immortal Verse sold in foal to Dansili for 4.7 million guineas ($8,090,580 in United States funds), a European record price for a broodmare, at the Tattersalls December mare sale Dec. 3.
Tracking a hot pace for jockey Joe Talamo, Ryehill Dreamer shot home to win the $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) by a whisker over Sidney's Candy on the Hollywood Park turf May 28.
Trade on day three of Tattersalls' October yearling sale in England failed to match the 2005 levels when the turnover of 12,308,000 guineas fell 24% and the average price of 109,893 guineas dipped by 12%.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Secretariat Photo Album
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar