The curtain came down on a record year of trading for Tattersalls in Newmarket Dec. 1 with the fourth and final installment of the December mares sale.
G Force rallied powerfully between rivals and collared last year's winner Gordon Lord Byron in the closing stages to capture the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 6 at Haydock.
A blue-blooded Red Ransom filly named Red Dune became the first yearling to make seven figures at the Goffs' 2006 Million sale when selling Tuesday in Ireland for 1.05 million euros to agent John Ferguson, acting for Sheikh Mohammed.
Stagelight won the UAE 2,000 Guineas (UAE-III) Thursday at Nad Al Seba racecourse in Dubai.
A German-bred colt by Montjeu colt consigned by Peter Kavanagh's Irish-based Kildaragh Stud topped day three of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in Newmarket Wednesday when realizing 320,000guineas (approx. $525,500).
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay