The curtain came down on a record year of trading for Tattersalls in Newmarket Dec. 1 with the fourth and final installment of the December mares sale.
G Force rallied powerfully between rivals and collared last year's winner Gordon Lord Byron in the closing stages to capture the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 6 at Haydock.
A blue-blooded Red Ransom filly named Red Dune became the first yearling to make seven figures at the Goffs' 2006 Million sale when selling Tuesday in Ireland for 1.05 million euros to agent John Ferguson, acting for Sheikh Mohammed.
Stagelight won the UAE 2,000 Guineas (UAE-III) Thursday at Nad Al Seba racecourse in Dubai.
A German-bred colt by Montjeu colt consigned by Peter Kavanagh's Irish-based Kildaragh Stud topped day three of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in Newmarket Wednesday when realizing 320,000guineas (approx. $525,500).
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start