The curtain came down on a record year of trading for Tattersalls in Newmarket Dec. 1 with the fourth and final installment of the December mares sale.
G Force rallied powerfully between rivals and collared last year's winner Gordon Lord Byron in the closing stages to capture the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 6 at Haydock.
A blue-blooded Red Ransom filly named Red Dune became the first yearling to make seven figures at the Goffs' 2006 Million sale when selling Tuesday in Ireland for 1.05 million euros to agent John Ferguson, acting for Sheikh Mohammed.
Stagelight won the UAE 2,000 Guineas (UAE-III) Thursday at Nad Al Seba racecourse in Dubai.
A German-bred colt by Montjeu colt consigned by Peter Kavanagh's Irish-based Kildaragh Stud topped day three of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in Newmarket Wednesday when realizing 320,000guineas (approx. $525,500).
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge