The curtain came down on a record year of trading for Tattersalls in Newmarket Dec. 1 with the fourth and final installment of the December mares sale.
G Force rallied powerfully between rivals and collared last year's winner Gordon Lord Byron in the closing stages to capture the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 6 at Haydock.
A blue-blooded Red Ransom filly named Red Dune became the first yearling to make seven figures at the Goffs' 2006 Million sale when selling Tuesday in Ireland for 1.05 million euros to agent John Ferguson, acting for Sheikh Mohammed.
Stagelight won the UAE 2,000 Guineas (UAE-III) Thursday at Nad Al Seba racecourse in Dubai.
A German-bred colt by Montjeu colt consigned by Peter Kavanagh's Irish-based Kildaragh Stud topped day three of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in Newmarket Wednesday when realizing 320,000guineas (approx. $525,500).
Most Popular Stories
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- New Initiative Shifts Equine Welfare Conversation
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell