Runner-up in the first two jewels of Japan's Triple Crown earlier this year, regally bred Epiphaneia broke through for a classic win in smashing style in the Kikuka Sho (Jpn-I, Japanese St. Leger) Oct. 20 at Kyoto.
Gold Ship solidified his credentials as Japan's top 3-year-old on Oct. 21 at Kyoto when he completed a last-to-first rally in the Kikuka Sho (Jpn-I Japanese St. Leger), the final jewel in Japan's Triple Crown.
Orfevre became the seventh Japanese Triple Crown winner Oct. 23 when he registered a 2 1/2-length victory as a strong favorite in the $2.7 million Kikuka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese St. Leger, at Kyoto Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field