Irish-bred Islington drew away to easily win the Group 1 Vodafone Nassau Stakes for fillies contested at 10 furlongs at Goodwood Saturday.
Admire Don emerged as Japan's champion 2-year-old colt with a three-quarter-length win of the 1,600-meter Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse on Dec. 9. Unbeaten in his previous two starts, the son of Timber Country went postward a strong favorite in the 16-horse field of classic hopefuls for 2002.
On Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse, a one-two upset by dark horses paired with foreign riders Olivier Peslier and Kieren Fallon translated into big winnings at the betting windows.
The Fourth Annual British Airways International Jockey Challenge is all set for March 11, at Santa Anita Park.
Eight of the world's finest Thoroughbred jockeys will compete in the fourth annual British Airways International Jockey Challenge at Santa Anita Park on Sunday, March 11. The four-race event has proven an instant hit with fans and has been enthusiastically supported by horsemen. The competition has been keen, Team USA winning the event two of the first three years including a 56-28 margin in 2000. The event features four of Europe's best jockeys competing against four of America's finest riders.
Champion British jockey Kieren Fallon was injured Wednesday when his mount was brought down in a four-horse pileup in the last race at the Royal Ascot meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win