Admire Don emerged as Japan's champion 2-year-old colt with a three-quarter-length win of the 1,600-meter Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse on Dec. 9. Unbeaten in his previous two starts, the son of Timber Country went postward a strong favorite in the 16-horse field of classic hopefuls for 2002.
On Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse, a one-two upset by dark horses paired with foreign riders Olivier Peslier and Kieren Fallon translated into big winnings at the betting windows.
The Fourth Annual British Airways International Jockey Challenge is all set for March 11, at Santa Anita Park.
Eight of the world's finest Thoroughbred jockeys will compete in the fourth annual British Airways International Jockey Challenge at Santa Anita Park on Sunday, March 11. The four-race event has proven an instant hit with fans and has been enthusiastically supported by horsemen. The competition has been keen, Team USA winning the event two of the first three years including a 56-28 margin in 2000. The event features four of Europe's best jockeys competing against four of America's finest riders.
Champion British jockey Kieren Fallon was injured Wednesday when his mount was brought down in a four-horse pileup in the last race at the Royal Ascot meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk