Europeans got an early start on the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) this year when British import Gitano Hernando, ridden by Kieren Fallon, upset favored Colonel John in Oak Tree's $350,000 Goodwood Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Oct. 10.
Irish jockey Kieran Fallon has served a six-month suspension for a cocaine positive but will only be allowed to ride outside of Great Britain until the case brought against him by London police goes to trial Sept. 24.
After three near-misses since May, the highly touted filly Six Perfections and jockey Thierry Thulliez got the job done in a thrilling edition of the Prix Jacques le Marois (Fr-I) at the expense of her Niarchos Family stablemate Domedriver Sunday at Deauville.
Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm rallied from fourth place to win the six-furlong Peugeot Lowther Stakes (Eng-II) for 2-year-old fillies Thursday afternoon at York Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double