Europeans got an early start on the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) this year when British import Gitano Hernando, ridden by Kieren Fallon, upset favored Colonel John in Oak Tree's $350,000 Goodwood Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Oct. 10.
Irish jockey Kieran Fallon has served a six-month suspension for a cocaine positive but will only be allowed to ride outside of Great Britain until the case brought against him by London police goes to trial Sept. 24.
After three near-misses since May, the highly touted filly Six Perfections and jockey Thierry Thulliez got the job done in a thrilling edition of the Prix Jacques le Marois (Fr-I) at the expense of her Niarchos Family stablemate Domedriver Sunday at Deauville.
Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm rallied from fourth place to win the six-furlong Peugeot Lowther Stakes (Eng-II) for 2-year-old fillies Thursday afternoon at York Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing