Europeans got an early start on the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) this year when British import Gitano Hernando, ridden by Kieren Fallon, upset favored Colonel John in Oak Tree's $350,000 Goodwood Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Oct. 10.
Irish jockey Kieran Fallon has served a six-month suspension for a cocaine positive but will only be allowed to ride outside of Great Britain until the case brought against him by London police goes to trial Sept. 24.
After three near-misses since May, the highly touted filly Six Perfections and jockey Thierry Thulliez got the job done in a thrilling edition of the Prix Jacques le Marois (Fr-I) at the expense of her Niarchos Family stablemate Domedriver Sunday at Deauville.
Cheveley Park Stud's Russian Rhythm rallied from fourth place to win the six-furlong Peugeot Lowther Stakes (Eng-II) for 2-year-old fillies Thursday afternoon at York Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Long On Value's Late Run Lands Twilight Derby
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Moore: 'If it Rains, I hope it Rains Hard'
- Patient Cary Street Wins Las Vegas Marathon
- No Nay Never to Coolmore After BC Turf Sprint
- My Fiona Rides Rail to Golden State Victory
- Hearing Set on Instant Racing Trial Date
- Quiet Morning for Breeders' Cup Day 1
- 2013 Cup Generated $64.9M for Los Angeles