Marylou Whitney Stable's International Cat, already a winner at the meeting, is part of a contentious field of eight 2-year-olds entered for Friday's $125,000 Woodford Reserve Bourbon at 1 1/16 miles on the Keeneland turf.
A field of 14 is set for Saturday's Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland. The 92nd running of the 1 1/16 mile test for 2-year-olds features Kentucky Cup Juvenile Stakes (gr. III) winner Stream Cat, whose devastating closing kick has already earned him two stakes wins.
Claiborne Farm's homebred Laity, an 11 3/4-length winner of the Miller Lite Cradle Stakes at River Downs Sept. 5 figures to be a popular choice for Saturday's Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Trainer Tim Ritchey confirmed Thursday that Preakness and Belmont, both grade I, winner Afleet Alex was expected leave Belmont Park early this afternoon en route to Barn 24 on the Saratoga backstretch later this evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack