Marylou Whitney Stable's International Cat, already a winner at the meeting, is part of a contentious field of eight 2-year-olds entered for Friday's $125,000 Woodford Reserve Bourbon at 1 1/16 miles on the Keeneland turf.
A field of 14 is set for Saturday's Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland. The 92nd running of the 1 1/16 mile test for 2-year-olds features Kentucky Cup Juvenile Stakes (gr. III) winner Stream Cat, whose devastating closing kick has already earned him two stakes wins.
Claiborne Farm's homebred Laity, an 11 3/4-length winner of the Miller Lite Cradle Stakes at River Downs Sept. 5 figures to be a popular choice for Saturday's Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Trainer Tim Ritchey confirmed Thursday that Preakness and Belmont, both grade I, winner Afleet Alex was expected leave Belmont Park early this afternoon en route to Barn 24 on the Saratoga backstretch later this evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled