Marylou Whitney Stable's International Cat, already a winner at the meeting, is part of a contentious field of eight 2-year-olds entered for Friday's $125,000 Woodford Reserve Bourbon at 1 1/16 miles on the Keeneland turf.
A field of 14 is set for Saturday's Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland. The 92nd running of the 1 1/16 mile test for 2-year-olds features Kentucky Cup Juvenile Stakes (gr. III) winner Stream Cat, whose devastating closing kick has already earned him two stakes wins.
Claiborne Farm's homebred Laity, an 11 3/4-length winner of the Miller Lite Cradle Stakes at River Downs Sept. 5 figures to be a popular choice for Saturday's Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Trainer Tim Ritchey confirmed Thursday that Preakness and Belmont, both grade I, winner Afleet Alex was expected leave Belmont Park early this afternoon en route to Barn 24 on the Saratoga backstretch later this evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Brazilian Champ Juno Pointing to Del Mar