Jockey Calvin Borel successfully completed his Remington Park mission on the night of Aug. 21, guiding 3-10 choice Atta Boy Roy to a front-running 5 1/2-length win in the $200,000 Remington Park Sprint Cup.
Unbeaten Old Fashioned, at the top of many early prognostications for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), makes his 2009 debut in the $250,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park Feb. 16.
Big Drama proved over the summer and fall that he could win big at Calder Race Course. He now has proved he can win big outside the friendly confines of the South Florida track.
This week, Jason and Tom analyze the Delta Jackpot Stakes (gr. III) at Delta Downs on December 5. Also Brisnet's handicapping expert The Wizard's Spotlight Play is Fair Grounds Race 5 on Saturday, Dec. 6.
With the winner's share of $750,000 Boyd's Gaming Delta Jackpot Stakes (gr. III) a lofty $450,000, the 2-year-old who earns the prize is virtually guaranteed a berth in the 2009 Kentucky Derby (gr. I). It is no wonder then that the Dec. 5 main track event drew a deep and talented field of classic hopefuls.
The entries were taken and the post positions drawn this morning for Delta Downs Racetrack Casino and Hotel's richest program of the year.
Odds-on choice Kick On outfought He's Boy Wonder in the lane to register his fourth consecutive win by three-quarters of a length in the $150,000 Jean Lafitte Stakes for 2-year-olds at Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel on the night of Nov. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Kaigun Storms From Last to Seabiscuit Win
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- The Turf Debut of California Chrome
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go