After three straight dominating wins, including an 11 1/4-length score in the Jerome Stakes (G3) Jan. 2 at Aqueduct Racetrack, 3-year-old El Areeb is back at Aqueduct for a crack at the $250,000 Withers Stakes (G3) Feb. 4.
The top two finishers from last year’s Longines Test Stakes (gr. I) will meet again Saturday, April 16 when Cavorting, Bar of Gold, and By the Moon start in the $200,000 Distaff Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin got almost what he wanted Monday morning from his Kentucky Derby (gr. I) charge Closing Argument.
Finding a hole off the rail just after turning for home, Trademark showed a devastating kick while rallying to win the 45th running of the Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule