Grade I-winning New York champion Giant Ryan, who fractured both left front sesamoids during the June 9 True North Handicap (gr. II), was euthanized at New Bolton Center at the University of Pennsylvania June 14.
Giant Ryan ran his winning streak to five races when he collared pacesetting Irrefutable a couple of strides before the wire to win by a neck in the $350,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II) July 9 at Calder Race Course.
The Doncaster breeze-up sale ended its record-setting run Thursday in England, posting its highest ever gross revenue, average price, and median price.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist Takes Jockey Club Gold Cup With Ease
- Shadwell: Grand Arch Holds Over The Pizza Man
- Wild Dude Rallies Late to Claim SA Sprint
- American Pharoah Drills at Santa Anita for BC
- Greenpointcrusader Rallies to Take Champagne
- Appealing Tale Wins Kelso, Honor Code Third
- Brody's Cause Storms Home in Futurity
- No Silent Rolls to Eddie D Score
- Tepin Airs in First Lady, BC Mile Next
- Nickname Wins Frizette Driving in the Slop