Lady Sheila Stable's La Verdad found her way back to the Belmont Park winner's circle Oct. 18, landing the $150,000 Iroquois on Empire Showcase Day for her fifth stakes score of the year.
Discreet Marq, a New York-bred who has competed primarily in grade I company since winning the 2013 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT), tops the oversubscribed field of fillies and mares entered in the Oct. 18 Ticonderoga Stakes.
Dayatthespa and Big Blue Kitten, two familiar faces from the barn of trainer Chad Brown, head the respective fields for the De La Rose and the Lure, two $100,000 turf races on the Whitney undercard Aug. 2 at Saratoga.
Front-running Sayaad, making his first appearance in more than eight months, drew away from favored Kharafa in the stretch to capture the $147,000 Forbidden Apple Stakes on a yielding turf July 4 at Belmont Park.
Kharafa had a an ideal trip to comfortably win the $125,000 Kingston Stakes from familiar rival Lubash May 31 at Belmont Park.
Although he figures to be challenged early in the Appleton Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 29 at Gulfstream Park, Mr. Online is the 5-2 morning-line choice to return to his winning ways in the one-mile turf race.
King Kreesa and Notacatbutallama headline Mohawk, while filly Effie Trinket seeks second stakes score in Ticonderoga Stakes Oct. 19 at Belmont Park.
Nikki's Sandcastle rallied from the back of the bulky field of 13 to win the $75,000 El Prado Stakes on the turf at Gulfstream Park Dec. 22 by three-quarters of a length over 17-1 outsider Kharafa.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets