Turtle Bird Stable's Haynesfield, winner of the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) in 2010, has been honored as New York-bred Horse of the Year for the second year in a row.
Check the Label burst through an opening between horses in a crowded stretch to win the $150,000 Sands Point Stakes (gr. IIT) over the Belmont Park inner turf course May 31.
A grade I winner on Polytrack as a juvenile, Negligee tries to proves her talent on turf against seven 3-year-old fillies, including a pair of recent grade III winners in the Sands Point Stakes on Memorial Day at Belmont.
Jay Em Ess Stable's Acting Happy made a huge impression in her stakes debut, putting away favored Tidal Pool in upper stretch and then holding off a late run from No Such Word to pull a 10-1 upset in the Black-Eyed Susan
Tidal Pool heads the field in the $175,000 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) at Pimlico May 14 as the only 3-year-old filly in the field that ran in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Donegal Racing's Paddy O'Prado, a maiden facing eight winners in the $150,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT), seemed unfazed by his competition as he rolled to a 2 1/2-length score March 6 on the Gulfstream Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap