The veteran reinsman has already developed a great rapport with the Florida-bred son of Scat Daddy, who is pointing for the March 7 Gotham (gr. II) and has become very special at this point in Lopez's career.
Every morning for more than four decades David Vance made the same trek up Interstate I-71 to Turfway Park. Beginning in 1966, his first year as a trainer, Vance's schedule was the same, waking up at the crack of dawn, jumping in his car, and venturing to the Florence, Ky., racetrack to tend to his stable of horses. But Dec. 9, while making the drive for who-knows-how-many-thousandth-time, life changed in an instant.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff