Nine-year-old Key Lory, who was unbeaten in four career turf starts, left Monmouth Park this week headed for retirement.
Trainer Dennis Manning plans to enter Just Le Facts in Saturday's Red Bank Handicap (gr. III) on Monmouth Park's opening day, but he's hoping for rain. Also in his barn is last year's winner of the race, Key Lory, who has returned from retirement.
An abscess caused by a stone bruise has knocked Key Lory out of Saturday's $500,000 United Nation's Handicap (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park, trainer Dennis Manning reported Friday.
Mack Fehsenfeld's 8-year-old Key Lory overcame an eight-month layoff to earn his fourth consecutive victory in Saturday's $100,000 Red Bank Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park. Under Harry Vega. Key Lory completed the mile in 1:35.92 on the firm turf course.
Mack Fehsenfeld's Key Lory brings a three-race – all stakes – winning streak into Saturday's $100,000 Red Bank Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park.
The upsets at Monmouth Park Sunday continued in the $100,000 Oceanport Handicap (gr. IIIT) when Key Lory held off North East Bound and 11 others in the 1 1/16-mile turf race. Sent off at nearly 14-1, Key Lory returned $29.20 for the win.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires