Thoroughbred Charities of America Youth Essay Contest co-winner Mary Eddy writes about the life lessons learned at Old Friends at Cabin Creek.
Key Contender, winner of the 1995 Suburban Handicap (gr. I), died June 29 at Old Friends NY at Cabin Creek-the Bobby Frankel Division in Greenfield Center, N.Y., because of complications from colic.
Key Contender, a New York grade I winner, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner