Thoroughbred Charities of America Youth Essay Contest co-winner Mary Eddy writes about the life lessons learned at Old Friends at Cabin Creek.
Key Contender, winner of the 1995 Suburban Handicap (gr. I), died June 29 at Old Friends NY at Cabin Creek-the Bobby Frankel Division in Greenfield Center, N.Y., because of complications from colic.
Key Contender, a New York grade I winner, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup